Saturday, February 3, 2018

#100 days of honesty Day 89: Comfort.zone

WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO. Photo credit: Ikea homepage

I start with a finding I have to share. Ikea has a new collection in its stores  in cooperation with Hay! I discovered it by total accident and could not believe my eyes when I saw on the package "Designed by Hay". 

I got to know about Hay when I was the first time in Copenhagen. It is a top notch Danish design brand with beautiful furniture and home items. Their stationery products are quite affordable but their furniture prices can be really high. Therefore this collection at Ikea now is a historical moment in design history. I am preaching a lot here constatntly about real value and sustainability. Because it is one of my missions to show to people that everyone is worth of good things and if you believe it you will find a way to make it happen to. From clothing through travel to design there is always an other way if the normal one is not working. 

So this is the chance to buy Hay design for example for a still affordable price. Even one-two of the smaller items can bring a real design touch to the space it is placed at. (Btw this is not a paid advertisement, I am just really genuienly liking this collectiona  lot.)

I was sad this week when I heard about the passing of Ingvar Kamprad - the founder of Ikea- but when I saw this collection it made me happy to know that he was still alive to see this. 

Thinking about this and comfort in general made me remember something I can not really grasp. Nowadays there is a lot of talk about "getting out of your comfort zone". Although I think it is very nice to be in your comfort zone, at peace, focused etc. Or at least I associate good things with hearing the expression "comfort zone". I am so often out of balance because of inner or outer circumstances that my goal is actually to be in my comfort zone as much as possible insteas of getting out of it.

I understand the meaning fo this expression of course playing games with words here a little bit. But I am  still not sure why they exactly choose these words for it in first place. I think the state what people usually have to get out from is not the comfort zone - which should be there to comfort people, charge them up, make them feel good in my interpretation. They should move out from a zone where they are lazy or paralyzed by fear, bad influences, bad opinions about themselves, doing always less what they would be capable of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment