Friday, February 2, 2018

#100 days of honesty Day 88


PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO



Here are some thoughts to reflect on the topics from yesterday. One topic was sacrifices and effort and what I forgot to add then the real value of certain things. 

From the outside it might seems so that some people have everything handed to them on a silver plate. Sometimes it even gives reason for a little jealousy. For example if you are super rich you can buy any camera whenever you want it or travel to any place whenever you feel like. Which is surely entertaining to a certain point. But I also think that things loose their value after a while when you can get everything what you want without putting in any effort and working for it.

Most of the succes does not come through materialization anyways. A camera, a journey, a nice dress is just a tool to make something happen. To feel good about yourself, to dress up for a presentation, to see something new, to feel so that the world is a place worth to live in. That it is good to be here.

Besides the abstract level I was thinking about the topic of scarifices and effort in regard of how important it is when growing up to learn to know your limits and experience what good and harder times mean. Some people earn a lot and still never have any savings and can not do half of the things they want to. Others have less resources but can use them in a much more optimal way. It is very important to learn the real value of things, the tricks and discipline in my opinion. In order to be the ruler of your own life.

I remember for example how happy I was when after reading a lot one afternoon it came clear to me what my next camera body should be. Especially when I found one second hand in one of the shops I have been buying camera gear frequently. It was a moment when all the reading, thinking, searching got to its goal which helped me also to save a lot of money opposed to walking into a store and buying the latest it-camera body. 


The other topic I mentioned yesterday was mentoring. It came to my mind because of something what happened in the gym yesterday. Since I have been working out more frequently again I got so many great tips from others. I like the collective spirit what connects people who do sports at the same place. 

Yesterday I was not sure how to adjust a machine and asked a woman working out next to me. She was really kind and also gave her insights on sets, repetitions and methods of doing them. I noticed it somehow that since I have put more effort into all this and took training more serious  there has been more people appearing around me whose direct or overheard advice has helped me to improve.

I believe in the saying "When the student is ready the teacher will appear" and I have been asking for good teachers in myself for a long time. Therefore I am so thankful for all these people around me who has been with me in this through example or advice. And I feel so that I am open for this in also other parts of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment