Sunday, December 17, 2017

100 Days of Honesty Day 41-44: Bat mug, lazy day and movies

PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO

These were a quite eventful four days. Among all I had the first Christmas celebration this weekend which went really well. I also finished shopping for presents and meanwhile I went to see the ongoing Rubens exhbition at Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna. On the top of it we had a surprise Christmas punch with my new friend from Austria when I wrote her to let her know that I am in her country and it turned out that she was in Vienna too.

I also went to my favorite bakery in Bahnhof City which is run to big extent by a Hungarian staff. I always go to this place at the beginning or end of my trip when I am in Vienna. I am quite similar to my Dad in this: although I like to travel and am open to new impulses, in the everyday I enjoy following the same routines. I have certain bakeries where I like to get breakfast from, my favorite cafes and restaurants, the shops I like to do my grocery shopping at. Also when I am travelling if I discover a shop or a good restaurant I like I will return there several times during the trip.

Today I had a perfect lazy day. I was looking up articles I forgot to read during the week and read them, made a bubble bath, listened to music, watched a movie with Michelle Williams and Ryan Gossling called Blue Valentine. Yesterday I watched an other movie called Love Me, If You Dare which had a weird ending but was quite good otherwise. I found these movies on a list of "movies about complicated relationships"- I really did google this haha. Sometimes I do not like corny love movies or movies with too simple or too twisted stories. I am sometimes in the mood to see realistic stories presented in an artistic way.

Every time I see Ryan Gossling in a movie I have to admit again and again how great of an actor he is. The same goes for Michelle Williams. I also like Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett and Marion  Cotillard a lot among many others.

On the photo above you can see my new favorite mug. I bought it on Sao Miguel at an environmental center. It is so seldom that you can find this cool stuff with bats on it - which are one of my favorite animals by the way- so I had to buy it. And I also bought a water bottle which has different but a bit similar design (a bat hanging down from a tree surrounded by a cloud of mosquitos, but the bat looks sort of similar to the one on the mug). I am really happy for these new favorite items of mine because it was total accident that I went into that cafe/shop and now they are my beloved everyday items 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment