Monday, May 27, 2013

New horizons: Confined space diving course completed


This is how completing the exercises looks on the bottom of the pool
Photo source: http://gasparsdive.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/dive-store-diving-gear-equipment-sales-rentals-air-fills-florida-10.jpg




Something new has ended and started at the same time again. Yesterday I had the last lesson of the confined space diving course and in 2 weeks I am going to my first open water dive in a lake. I have some own equipment already like my own fins, mask ans snorkel. The exercises in the swimming pool were tremendous fun, but required also quite big concentration and calmness.

One of my favorties was to learn how to enter the water from a boat. The most scary thing happened at the beginning of the course when we went for the first time to the bottom of the pool and we had to take the regulator out of our mouth for a while and put it back then. Afterwards we had much more difficult exercises and I was not afraid any more. I got used to the thought that in this range of diving when you concentrate nothing can go really so wrong when someone does everything the proper way.

What I am most proud of is that I learnt how to put together the gear by myself, and that when we practiced the entering the water from boat excercise I was the one who suggested to practice it on the second lesson when we could choose between an easier and this option, because I consciously decided to overcome my fear towards unknown things. The course was a lot of fun, and I am really looking forward the first open water dive of my life.

A new world has opened for me now and it feels awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment