Saturday, June 9, 2012

Avenida Paulista (São Paulo)

São Paulo was the first real metropolis what I saw in my life and going to Brasil was the my first trip to an other continent than Europe. I got here by a lucky coincidence, because I saw an announcement at my university with the following question "Would you like to go to Brazil?". I stopped and looked at the colorful paper and I thought "Actually.....why not???!!!"


Then I told it to my Mum that there is this opportunity for a two week study exchange program and that there is some interviews where they pick the people. She convinced me to go there and after I was chosen to the group who can travel to São Paulo, I could start the travel preparations. I got the vaccines, bought the flight tickets, new sun glasses etc. with the financial help of my parents and after a long, vodka-orange-rich flight I landed in Brazil with the group.


Our hosts were students from FGV which is a very elite university of the country and during the first days we had many sigh seeing programs in the center. São Paulo is the financial center of Brazil, you can see it also on the main street: Avenida Paulista, which is full of banks and other big corporate building.


Walking there this was the first time that I ever saw a skyscraper in my life. First the architectural style seemed a bit cold to me, but after a while my eyes got used to it and I could discover many nice details. Like the nice color shades of the glass walls in sunset, the mirroring images, the lean minimal design, hidden rose gardens between the building and I saw also a very nice park.

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved
Monika Csapo- All Right Reserved
Monika Csapo- All Right Reserved
Monika Csapo- All Right Reserved
Monika Csapo- All Right Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved
in Hungarian:

São Paulo az első igazi világváros, ahol eddig jártam, és Brazília volt az első Európán kívüli utam. Egy szerencsés véletlen során jutottam el ide, mert láttam egy hirdetést az egyetemen, amin a következő állt: "Szeretnél eljutni Brazíliába?". Megálltam, és azt gondoltam "Hmmm...miért is ne???!!!"

Otthon elmeséltem Anyunak, hogy lenne egy két hetes brazil csereprogram, és hamarosan interjúztatnak, hogy kiválasszák a csoport tagjait. Meggyőzött, hogy menjek el a beszélgetésre, és miután kiválasztottak a São Paulo-ba tartó csoportba, elkezdtem készülni az útra. Megkaptam az oltásokat, kifizettem a repülőjegyet, új napszemüveget vettem stb., mindezt a szüleim segítségével, mivel még egyetemista voltam. Aztán egy hosszú vodkanarancs-dús út után megérkeztünk Brazíliába.

FGV-s diákok családjainál szálltunk meg, ami egy nagyon előkelő brazil egyetem, és az első napokban sok városnéző programunk volt. 
São Paulo Brazília pénzügyi központja, ami meglátszik a főutcán, az Avenida Paulista, is, ami tele van bankokkal, és nagy vállalatok irodaházaival. 

A városnézés közben láttam életemben először felhőkarcolókat. Először ez az építészeti stílus kicsit ridegnek tűnt, de egy idő után hozzászokott a szemem, és kezdtem észrevenni az apró részleteket. Az üvegfalak szép színárnyalatait a lemenő Napnál, az épületek tükörképeit, a könnyed minimalista design-t, az felhőkarcolók közötti rózsakerteket, és egy nagyon szép parkban is voltunk közvetlenül a belvárosban.

No comments:

Post a Comment