Friday, January 6, 2012

Creative slow down session

I have been sick now for the last week, but it is getting better and hopefully from the next week on I can take some new photos and do not have to drink every night after work a shot of vodka/cognac/pálinka to fertilize my throat.

I have already some plans: one of those is one photo shoot in the "Musiikkitalo" (Music Hall) of Helsinki. It is a modern concert hall building, which was getting ready by the end of 2011. I was there yesterday to buy a ticket for a classical music concert and I was impressed by the building quite much. Nice and lean lines, lots of glass (big like), a metal "sculpture-installation" hanging from above and nice shadow-plays on the wall as the light goes through the sculpture, minimalist bathrooms, etc. I can not wait to get fully healthy again and go there for a nice photo tour.

Otherwise since I was quite exhausted, I was spending more time on reading and relaxing at home. I was reading a book by Kelly Cutrone, quotes and lyrics from Leonard Cohen and listening to the latest Massive Attack album (Heligoland). Leonard Cohen has a really calming voice I have to say. He is almost whispering in his calm voice this really harmonic, but brutal lyrics and he even has a good sense of humor.

For example listen to this song: http://www.leonardcohen.com/us/oldideas

Or these lyrics:

I am an old scholar, better-looking now than when I was young. That's what sitting on your ass does to your face.
Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Leonard Cohen
Bird on the Wire

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you've been faithful
Ah give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows.
Leonard Cohen
Everybody Knows

No comments:

Post a Comment