Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Given: where have I been and some new photos


PHOTOS AND WRITING by MONIKA CSAPO








So many things have happened again..Throughout my trips I met new people and reconnected with some old friends. And sometimes I could not help to remember what my grandmother used to say about accepting what is given to you.


I remember we were at my cousin's wedding and an elder lady was talking to me in German and she really liked how hardworking I was at school and how well I spoke the language. So she wanted to give me some pocket money that I get something for myself during my stay. I did not really know how to react and told the story later to my grandma when he gave the advice above. That if someone wants to give you something you should be open to receive it.

Later during my life I learned that of course not everything what is given should be accepted but it is good to stay open also as an adult to something what is given with kindness and an open heart.

So is the case with new friendships and a acquintances. In times when I travel a lot I usually get to know quite many people because I like to stay at hostels and just talk with new people at art galleries, restaurants, local places..I get often surprised by the stories I hear and conclude to myself from time to time that everyone could benefit from some cultural exchange in the world of human libraries.

The stories I hear and the people I meet teach me about individuality and courage, the joy of life, overcoming obstacles, meaning..And sometimes when I tend to focus on what is missing in my life too much a new person appears and I have an inspiring exchange what makes me look for more fulfilling ways of living, where I can show more gratitude and prepare for the next stages of my life.

For accepting love I think you have to love yourself as well. Feel worthy of receiving care and attention. It is a very strong circle of healing what is gently bringing you back to life after periods of losses and setbacks. Where you slowly learn to value the positives just as much as the negatives.

In times of sadness and exhaustion it is easy to focus on what you don't have, what you lost, on the negatives in general. Then when you become a bit more open you can see that just as the missing, there are just as many things which are already given. People who care, talents and abilities, small victories of the everyday..

All of it is given if you learn to see and not just violently trying to move your life in one direction or to the other.

Speaking of given I realized that again I have hundreds (or thousands) of photographs and at least four complete trips what I have not written yet about. I want to share what I have seen and make other people want to see them possibly so I decided to make a sort of quick travel break until the end of the year and work with materials which are already given and accumulated during last 3-4 months.

Meanwhile I can tell that I have my eyes fixed on some new travel destinations already. For example Amman, the capital of Jordan, Faroer islands and possibly Tehran/Iran.

No comments:

Post a Comment