Thursday, November 7, 2013

I love Berlin, Berlin loves me

I walk in Berlin and I am free. This is the city of non-belonging. An ever changing something where the end sum is always the same no matter what components you take. Like an airport, or being in the skies on a plane. The world with all its logic and rules seems distant, there is so much in the here and now to concentrate on.

I am at my favorite part of the city: Unter den Linden- Friedrichstraße- Mitte. The afternoon turns to night and the shades of the setting sun compliment the Chtistmas lights on the trees of the Unter den Linden.

The next day I am at the same place again. People smile at me, I smile back. Berlin loves me and I love Berlin. It is the last day of the year and I am heading to a New Year`s Eve party, but before that I want to be alone a bit in the city. It was a long year and this is a very stylish way to close it. I got a message that the shops close at 3pm, fortunately I manage to get to one in the last minute. So I continue my sightseeing with a plastic bag full of ciders, champagne and Sol beer. No problem.

I am at the Humboldt University, after that I am heading to the Berliner Dom. The statues of the angels always impress me. I am standing here and looking at this beautiful building. A Japanese tourist group passes by. I go to a cafe at Mitte, then I walk back to Museuminsel. The Nofretiti-exhibition is already closed. Sure, this is the last day of the year, it is understandable.

I am sitting on a bench smoking, holding the camera in my hand, checking the photos. People pass by, they are all making up a peaceful nice flow of energy in front of my eyes now. Couples, groups of friends, families..We are all so close to each other spending the last day of this year in Berlin. I even end up in the evening news. A TV-crew is shooting at the Brandenburger Tor. They pass me by, I think of it how nice it would have been to be in the news. Next day my Dad calls me that my uncle who lives in Germany told him that he saw me on TV.

The day is over, and I am standing on the balcony. We are counting back. A glass of champagne in one of my hands, the camera in the other. I look at the fireworks and I think of it how funny it is that we can never be 100% sure where we end up. Last year at this time I would have never thought that I will be here watching the fireworks over Berlin. And now I am here, and even it is transitory, I feel like home again.




by monika csapo


by monika csapo


by monika csapo


by monika csapo


by monika csapo


by monika csapo





No comments:

Post a Comment