Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Snow Petrol: The Lightning Strike

As a wanna be creative I should be happy for all emotions since they inspire people to create something. Something new, different, interesting and so on. But..to be honest sometimes I wish more that I would not feel anything at all, because feeling bad usually just lames me and I become totally frozen.

When I become frozen my self-defense system switches to very high levels and I start to behave very weird. It was only my grandma who understood this, and could be very kind and calm if she saw me in this state instead of starting to attack back. It is so rare in life, that someone really accepts and understand us as we really are. That this someone can look behind the scenes of our chaotic emotions, and see a person there being hurt behind all the sh.t going on on the surface.





Lyrics





What if this storm ends?
And I don't see you

As you are now
Ever again



The perfect halo
Of gold hair and lightning
Sets you off against
The planet's last dance



Just for a minute
The silver forked sky
Lit you up like a star
That I will follow



Now it's found us
Like I have found you
I don't want to run
Just overwhelm me



What if this storm ends?
And leaves us nothing
Except a memory
A distant echo



I want pinned down
I want unsettled
Rattle cage after cage
Until my blood boils



I want to see you
As you are now
Every single day
That I am living



Painted in flames
All peeling thunder
Be the lightning in me
That strikes relentless



No comments:

Post a Comment