Monday, November 6, 2017

#100 days of honesty Day 2: Progress

PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO





Today was mostly about planning, concentration and thinking. I like to make a weekly plan at the beginning of the week to see which days will be busier and plan my weekly activities accordingly.

Of course there are always some random factors occuring. Like my recent knee pain. My right knee has been hurting for a week now but I thought that more warm up and stretching will do and I kept on training. Today I decided to take a four-days break from the gym to let it rest and heal a bit. It is not a good feeling to break my routine because going to the gym makes me relaxed and I like going there anyways. I decided to turn the negative into neutral and pay more attention to a healthy diet this week since I can not exercise. It might be even beneficial later when I can return to the gym.

Although I did not chose it but being stuck at one place made it easier not to run away from tasks I have been postponing since weeks. So I sat down and read all the articles I bookmarked and started to make notes. To stay more focused I kept on closing windows which were not directly related to the topic I had to work on and kept breaks when needed instead of pushing too much. On the other hand when I felt so that I could do more than planned I continued working even if I passed the limit already.

The constant dull pain was a reminder that something is not completely ok but it was not a bad day at all. 

At the end of the day I found a good deal for a third party lens hood and lens cap for two of my lenses after looking around on the web a bit. I lost one of my lens caps and the lens hood of an other lens during a photo session in summer. It is insane how big the price difference can be between these big brand and third party photo gadgets. Time and patience really pays off when shopping for photo equipment.

I start to think that there might be really something in this attitude/mentality-thing. Because also now with the knee pain my brain could switch much faster to finding a substitute solution instead of being frustrated about the unchangable. I noticed it too that I find it easier to think about tough questions without getting stressed. 

Good night with this nice Dreaming Of India: Oriental Lounge Music album I have been listening to tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment