Friday, November 17, 2017

#100 days of honesty Day 13: Notes from the bathtub

PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO




Notes from earlier today copied here:

"As I am writing today's assignement now I am sitting in the bathtub. I gave myself ten minutes to collect my thoughts because my clothes and everything what needs to be packed are still all around the living room on the floor. 

(I am writing this to my notebook, I did not bring the laptop to the bath 😄.)

So yes, my clothes and everything is still there unpacked. Not in an organized instagram-order where everything is strategically lined up in parallel lines..

It was a long day and a long week with many happenings and many things to do. Google calendar was the ultimate tool to make this thing happen- without it it would have been impossible to fit everything to this short amount of time.

Today as planned earlier I did laundry, emptied my memory cards, charged batteries, cleaned lenses and checked the Vienna photos from last weekend. Also the photo above is from that series. I tried to sleep half hour but as so often when I am super tired I did not manage to sleep at all. Therefore I decied to take a relaxing bath.

Earlier this afternoon I watched the Glamour Women Of The Year award show which was very inspiring and uplifting. There is still so much potential in female power and empowerment of women. Just the fact that you are allowed to be yourself as a human being and chose your lifepath is such a gift to every woman who is able to do so. 

When I was in Brazil it struck me for the first time that unfortunately some people's lifepaths are so limited because of the circumstances they are born into. Because of the same reasons at some places women can not decide freely who and when they want to marry or if they want to study. In other places it is poverty what sets limits for people no matter what gender they are.

I think that people who oppose liberty and deliberation are the ones who often think they benefit from surpressing others. If you are knowledgeable and free you can rise up against bad rules and opression. The more free individuals are in a society the bigger control they all have over the course of things. And the higher the chance is that that society will be a place what benefits the biggest amount of people not just a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment