Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stay true






My brother showed me this story today, and I decided to share it here, because it has a great message:

"Brian Davis, a Seattle studio host and sideline reporter who was facing an uncertain future of his own, stepped up to Durant to tell the soon-to-be-named Rookie of the Year how much he’d come to admire him.
“Hey, really enjoyed working with you,” said Davis, who as a young radio reporter in Chicago had chronicled Michael Jordan‘s career. “I’ve got an observation I want to share with you because we may never see each other again: You remind me a lot of Michael. Not your game; you remind me of Michael in the way that you carry yourself.”
And then Davis told him this: “Here’s the deal: You will be tested, you will be tested. But, if you stay true to your core, your personality, your decency to people, you’ll not only have a great career, you’ll have a great life.”
Durant, all elbows and knees, rose from his chair, tears streaming down his cheeks.
“Oh man,” he told Davis, “I’ve got to give you a hug.”

No comments:

Post a Comment