Tuesday, February 4, 2014

FLOW by Mihály Csíkszentmihályi







FLOW by Mihály Csikszentmihályi (Hungarian ;)!) - one of the best books I have read lately. I know, I tell this sentence often, but it is just because 1, I have read so many great books lately 2, I might be in my more optimist mood nowadays.

I read the book only from the 9th Chapter on: how to convert chaos to order, how to find meaning to life. One of the most inspirational thought to me was when he talks about that life in itself does not have any meaning, but it does not mean that we can not give a meaning to it. In fact the meaning of life is finding a meaning- as nonsense it might sound like.

An other good thought was that in many cases when people start to go their own ways the incentives from society are very few. But when people live in inner integrity, they do not really need any incentives from outside, their own values and the fulfillment of those gives them power to continue, and helps them feeling useful and happy.

As you might have noticed so far, I really admire people who have individual life paths, are great thinkers, and people who achieve something unique. I see something fascinating in brave people, and really appreciate their courage to make the way for future generations by doing something which have not done before, but might benefit future generations.

I can recommend the book Flow to everyone who is looking for inspiring thoughts about inner strength, conscious living and using the time the best possible way, without the "10 steps you have to do in order to be happy"-attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment