Saturday, October 5, 2013

Explore Philippines- Manila to Mindao


You must learn day by day, year by year to broaden your horizon. The more things you love, the more you are interested in, the more you enjoy, the more you are indignant about, the more you have left when anything happens.


 Ethel Barrymore quotes 



Lately I have heard a lot from a friend about Australia, got to know someone from the Philippines, my brother`s friend went to study to Japan, and I have this dream of spending 2-3 weeks in Bali in the near future. Couple of years ago I was not so interested yet in Asia. I felt that I need some more time to grow to understand the depth of the culture, to appreciate the differences. Lately this has changed and also Asia and Australia was getting on my "I want to see this place"-list. This is a documentary I found about the Philippines made by the BBC. Decided to watch it on this calm Saturday afternoon, since I do not have so much knowledge about this country besides that the husband of my Mum`s friend`s daughter is Filipino, and one of my former teacher went there volunteering two times before she got married


Part 1:



Part 2:



Part 3:



Part 4:




A bit more scientific-economic approach "CNN Eye on the Philippines" playlist on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL187BEE2FA5E0AE54


No comments:

Post a Comment