Saturday, April 27, 2013

It is all so relative

Azori-islands


“The most valuable thing we can do for the psyche, occasionally, is to let it rest, wander, live in the changing light of room, not try to be or do anything whatever.” 
― May Sarton




What is enough, what is too much- it is all so relative. The problem starts if we start to compare our preferences, our way of living to others. I really do believe that all of us have our inner voice which tells what is the right thing to choose. And following it we can pick the clothes we like, the way we want to live, our preferences how we want to spend the money we earn, find out which places we want to visit, with what kind of people we want to share our (inner) life.

It does not matter what others do around us. We have the right to do everything in our own pace.

Today morning I was jogging in the nearby forest with my brother. We saw two squirrels, the birds were singing. It was a really nice way to start the day. May be some years ago my approach to my training would have been quite different. Now I try to jog as much as I can, and a bit more, but I do not torture myself just to reach the goal I set at the beginning of the training for myself. 
It is good to have a traget, but if I feel that I am not fit enough yet, I can re-set the goal during the training and if I know that I tried my best, I will be still satisfied at the end. I know, if I can not run as much as I planned now, I will be able to do it maybe in 1,5-2 weeks and on the way there I still preserve the joy of exercising. 

On the other hand on other days I manage to do things what other people would do in 3-4 days. I guess everyone of us has its own dynamics, and personal rythmn. For me the main thing is to get enough relax time between the busy periods. Also in the photography when I feel that the photos get boring and I repeat myself, I rather put down the camera for couple of days or weeks.

I felt lately a bit exhausted, and I really enjoy the couple of days of "mini holidays" I am having now. The same way we have to learn to be effective, we also have to learn to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment