Monday, October 29, 2012

Hanko sunrise at the end of October

This trip was a gift to myself from myself. I did not know that Hanko will be such a great place. I have heard that it is nice, but did not expect something so beautiful, peaceful and special. I went two times to take photos. Once on Saturday afternoon + at the end I made some shots of the moon rising over the sea between the clouds, and then Sunday morning to catch the sunrise.

In the morning I stood there alone at the snow-covered shore and the beauty of that scene was touching me so much that I started to cry. Sometimes it is hard to allow to ourselves to be happy again after hard times, but if this happiness comes from ourselves and/or through something such a genuine moment, your hearth just can not build walls any more and it is beautiful and scary at the same time how this elemental beauty rushes to the deepest of your soul and fills it.

I remembered this quote standing there:

“What can I do with my happiness? How can I keep it, conceal it, bury it where I may never lose it? I want to kneel as it falls over me like rain, gather it up with lace and silk, and press it over myself again.”


Of course we can not conceal happiness and probably we should not even aim for it, but we can learn to generate these moments of happiness more often in our lives. Through spending more time with our friends, devoting ourselves more to something what is really important to us, through travelling and discovering new places and simply through having and open eye for the beauty surrounding us.

No comments:

Post a Comment