Wednesday, December 27, 2017

#100 days of honesty Day 53: (Life)time management

PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO



I started to think about upcoming trips in 2018. I tend to repeat the same pattern from time to time. When I am looking forward to something I sometimes purposly try to postpone it because then 1, there is something to wait for 2, I don't want it to be over too soon.


It reminds me of the part about the shop owner and the pilgrimage in The Alchemist. I remember how much it resonated with me already when I read it for the first time and I have been remembering it since then.

Is it the fear of the future why we delay good things? That we do not trust that it will be good enough so we keep something as security for those days to save us just in case anything else would be plain/bad/boring?

Since in theory and luckily mostly also in practice I believe more in fast and spontaneous decisions and living in the now I want to realize my travel wishes sooner than later next year. I have many plans, interests and wishes. I hope it stays so forever until I am alive. To me the saddest thing would be to wake up once and not to be interested in the world and in learning new things any longer. I planned a big cleaning for the first week of January and gave myself one week to kick off the year. After that it has to be work,work, work since goals and trips do not get realized by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment