Tuesday, December 5, 2017

#100 days of honesty Day 30-31-32

PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO

I feel the same way now about December as this girl was feeling about me who photobombed my pic of a rainbow 

It is the typical beginning of December: days are passing one after the other  ten times faster than during other months. There are lot of things to do and there seems to be never enough time. Luckily I started Christmas present shopping already some days ago so I have some presents at least. May be it would be nicer to cancel all this present thing, or keep it only for kids. After all it is always anyways the time spent together what is the best in Christmas. And I would be also happier if people could buy Christmas trees what they can bring back to the shop later, it is so bad to see all those trees chopped down every year. I know that "these trees are planted just to be cut down" but from that money, time and water they could plant forests to deforested or windy areas and do something more benficial for the long run.

This reminded me of something I heard in Sao Miguel but strangely I can not find it on Google anywhere - may be because I am searching in English-. When I took part in a full day guided tour our guide told us about some Christmas tradition when people visit friends and are toasting with shots and by the time it ends some people are a bit tipsy and can not remember fully where they have or haven't been yet. Must be a cheerful Christmas-cruise haha. My Mom's uncle  told us similar stories from his youth but it was from Easter time and connected to the folk tradition of "watering the girls for Easter" after which guys were offered some local pálinka or wine. May be folk traditions are all in all much more similar around the world than we would know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment