Saturday, December 2, 2017

#100 days of honesty Day 27, 28, 29: Books and thinking

PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO


“Nothing happened today. I slept. While asleep I dreamed that I was sleeping.”José Eduardo AgualusaA General Theory of Oblivion

I bought two books from José Eduardo Agualusa on ebooks.com today. One is The Book of Chameleons what I have read already but some time ago. The other I haven't read yet, it is called The General Theory of Oblivion.

Sometimes in case of books I read some time ago I don't remember the whole story any longer. I remember rather how the book felt. The Book of Chameleons (or if I remember correctly with its second title The Seller of Pasts) has a really unique atmosphere. Sometimes it feels like a dream, other times everything opens up and things get in focus. It is hard to describe it, which is one more reason why it is worth to read this book.

May be it is also about accidental encounters of different charachters and the effects what these meetings cause on their lives.

I like dream-like books becaue also traveling is a bit like dreaming in my opinion. It brings new people to your life who you did not know before and suddenly when being at home you think of how they might be doing- people who you did not even know exist some weeks ago. It alters your reality and expands your world and when you awake- arrive home- the reality of everyday as known before becomes different by these alterations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment