Saturday, December 23, 2017

#100 days of honesty Day 48 and 49: Under The Surface

WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO

To be honest I don't remember about day 48 that much now in retrospect but I remember about day 49 that I had a small realization in the gym why I planned to share here.


I have been a bit lazy with my gym routine so yesterday I wanted to have a rational but proper workout to kick off my " I am working out properly again" phase.

Once during the workout I had the idea to increase weights a bit to see how much more I can tolerate. And to my surprise thanks to this small experiment I realized that I can push on the leg machine more than 3x more than what I have been working out before. Also for the abs machine I tried and managed 1.5 times heavier weights than before. 

You can guess of course from this that my starting weights were not enormously heavy. But the fact that I am able to use so much bigger weights without major difficulties surprised me and made me think.

I believe in proper relax times and taking life easier at points. But I also believe in it that when it is work time and something has to be done it is good to do it to the fullest and the best way possible.

This small episode made me happy because it told me about hidden resources and progress under the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment