Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gdansk Old Town

Photo by Monika Csapo

This view reminded me a bit of England or Amsterdam. Actually the whole Gdansk had this England-, North-Germany and Holland flash back feel all the time. There was one street near to Oliwa Cathedral
which if it would have been  a photo I would have surely guessed it to be in London.


Photo by Monika Csapo


I liked the colors of the houses. They were colorful, but tastefully matched to each other. On each house you could see paintings, sculptures or mozaique. This I already noted to myself and had to note it again: the best thing in being rich is not power, but that that you can surround yourself with unlimited amount of beauty.

Photo by Monika Csapo

The terrace-season is starting soon also here in Helsinki. What could I say...Already when I hear this expression in Finnish ("terassikausi") my heats starts to beat stronger.

Photo by Monika Csapo

This was the house of economists. I found the dog sculpture funny as a symbol of economist? I looked it up in Google now, and found that it is the symbol of faithfulness and fidelity.

.
Photo by Monika Csapo

For some reason I like angel sculptures a lot. Saints are sometimes boring to me, but angels have something special in them. They are like perfect humans from whom aggression and badness have been removed.

Photo by Monika Csapo

I liked the reflection of the buildings in the shop window and the cat-woman (although I am allergic for cats :p).

Photo by Monika Csapo


Photo by Monika Csapo


Photo by Monika Csapo

And this was my favorite modern scene, and the my favorite from all of the photos I managed to take in such a short time with my mobile phone:

Photo by Monika Csapo

No comments:

Post a Comment