Thursday, May 17, 2012

World village festival 2012 Helsinki, 26.-27.5.

SAT 11-20
SUN 11-18

Web: http://www.maailmakylassa.fi/english/home
Entrance: free

This festival is coming at the right time, because I was already in real big need for some party. And the good news is that it is starting in 9 days, nice. There will be quite many non profit organizations and social etc. forums, but to be honest I am interested in the concerts much more this time.

The reason is, because I saw one name on the program which really made my day: Natacha Atlas.


Source: images.theage.com.au
When I went to the Sziget Festival for the first time, I was 17 and mostly I got to know new music through the people I met. That summer I was with a bit elder folks and they were quite well informed about what is worth to watch. Natacha Atlas was performing one night on the main stage and since they were keen on watchin it I joined and I did not regret it at all.

 Who is Natacha Atlas?

She started her carreer in the mid 90s with the British group Transglobal Underground. The Belgian-born singer makes use in her music of her Middle-Eastern and North-African cultural heritage. According to a newspapwe article about her: "Atlas` work is multifacted and versatile, spanning from traditional soundscapes to R`n`B, Drum`n`Bass, Hindi pop and French chanson. 

Some of the artists who she has been collaborating with during her carreer so far: Nitin Shawney, Sinead O`Connor and Talvin Singh.

When and where is she performing at the World Village festival? 

SAT 18:30 Savannah Stage


No comments:

Post a Comment