Saturday, April 14, 2012

My new tea drinking kit and the new teas I bought

I always used to like to drink tea, but when I started to have stressful times I developed a new habit of drinking coffee 2-3 times a day and kind of forgot about my preference for tea. There is nothing bad with coffee either, I am always up for a good latte.


My new love for tea started when I got a nice mug and a box from my brother. I like to drink tea made of tea leaves, but it is kind of complicated if you do not have those tea eggs or you have an old one and half of the leaves is swimming in the tea at the end. The next step was that I got a nice tea pot for Christmas which is looking really good and it very practical, because you can put the tea leaves in it, then pour the water on them and leave it there for couple of minutes until the tea is ready. So it started with having these new favorite tea-making tools:


Mónika Csapó- All Rights Reserved
Mónika Csapó- All Rights Reserved
If you go to a tea shop to buy tea, do not hesitate to ask for advice and just simply trust your smell. At least that is what I do whenever I want to try something new. My next advice is, say clear statements. You are not rude, if you say clearly that you do not like something or you prefer something else, because then the shopkeepers now what to show you.


Last time, when I was in the Demmers shop in Győr (Hungary) the owner of the shop was really nice and may be at the beginning he was angry that he had to open so many boxes, but at the end he became very helpful because he saw that I am really interested in tea and he gave me lot of tips how to make the tea I bought and it was interesting to listen to him.


These are my latest findings (I bought 5 gr of each):


Mónika Csapó- All Rights Reserved
Milky Oolong
Source: tea.at
Exquisite, partly fermented Formosa Nai Xiang Oolong from Taiwan, refined with the complex distillation of real milk. Pale cup, with a very special, mild and naturally sweet and milky flavour. Multiple infusions possible.

Nutcracker Oolong
Source: tea.at
A dark and large leafed, partly fermented Oolong tea from China, which is seasoned with hazelnut brittle crumble, yellow mullen flowers and fine flavourings. Produces a midbrown cup with a superbly creamy and lightly nutty flavour.


Dew Drops
Source: tea.at

Delicate green tea indulgence with the diverse blend of large leafed Sencha from China, sunflower, rose and cornflower blossoms. Refined with fruity flavourings, the infusion produces a fresh, scented taste of summer blossoms. 














PS: One small hint what I learnt during my last shopping tip in Demmers: when they put the label on the tea bag, the last line contains valuable information.  How many teaspoons of tea leaves do you have to put to 1l of water? How many degrees the water should be? How many minutes does it take for the tea to get ready?


If you are interested in a real professional approach, check out Tea Masters Blog .

4 comments:

  1. Those teas look fantastic! I have actually never been in that tea shop, now I definitely have to go! I'm really curious about that milky Oolong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Aga:). The Milky Oolong is very nice. I like to drink it in the evening, because there is some smooth milky after taste and it is like some chill out drink at the end of the day.

    There is a Demmers in Helsinki in Annankatu:

    http://www.demmer.fi/contact/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have already checked if there is any in Finland and amazingly there is :D On Friday we are leaving on holidays, but i'll go there as soon as we are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great great great trip!If you have flowers which have to be watered you can bring them to our place.

    ReplyDelete