Saturday, November 4, 2017

#100days of honesty

PHOTO AND WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO



"Love is a respect for the divinity in every person. Love is a generosity of spirit. If you truly love someone, it involves trust and honesty. But you can practice love every day without having a partner. I think love has to do with a fierce gratitude for your life. If you are in that state – when you recognize the divinity in every person, it gives you a different perspective on your exchanges with people. Think of the difference a smile makes to someone and try not to get angry when someone in the store is not interested in helping you. If you try to see the humanity in that person, it makes your own life so much better, because you are not taking it personally. I see the power of love to transform things all the time."- excerpt from a Susan Sarandon interview on The Talks


When I read this answer of Susan Sarandon for a question it really resonated with me. I shared it with my flower photography picture above and meanwhile a chain of association started in my head (? in my heart). It lead from love to fierceness from fierceness to beauty and from beauty to honesty.

In my mind I have always connected honesty with happiness. I pictured it as a free state where everyone can be themselves. My way of (mis)communication often got me in trouble in this aspect. By choosing the wrong way to communicate what I really wanted to say got often lost. May be this is also why I associate honesty with this desired state of happiness caused by being understood.

For some time I have felt that something broke in me. I lost my enthusiasm in photography, I was not working out. I felt I could not truly communicate what I wanted to say. Recently it started to get better. I went back to the gym and started to study new fields of photography again. About the blog: I realized that also here I lost my passion of writing and publishing because I felt that I was not able to say or show what I wanted to say.

For the next year I want to organize the content better so all the photos and travel plans do not get lost in the archives. I also started a flower photography project what I will continue to work on.

I am not sure yet how this structure change will look like but meanwhile until it takes part besides continuing sharing my travel stories I decided to give back. And give a bit more of myself in oder to help others possibly and also to help myself to understand what I truly want. 

When I felt bad it really inspired me how brave some people I know are. How they can talk about life honestly without bringing down others, wanting to find a solution to their problems and live a good life. This and a campaign called #100happydays inspired me to start my own #100daysofhonesty mini campaign. From now on for hundred days I will write every day on the blog about issues what inspire or challenge me. Welcome to one hundred days of honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment