Tuesday, January 2, 2018

#100 days of honesty Day 59: False hopes

WRITING BY MONIKA CSAPO

When I arrived at the gym this evening I was shocked but not too surprised. The bike storage was full, all the treadmills were occupied, all the gym bikes, the place full of new faces..I might be mean but to me that evening was just shouting two words: false hopes. Even the music was different than otherwise, that evening it was some pumping agressive minimal techno what is not the usual background music there.
Of course I wish that people (including me) could change their bad habits, be better etc. but I do not think that it can be done only on a certain day of the year.

The same way as people storm the gym and drop sweets on January 1st they could start training already on December 23rd or June 2nd.

May be it is only me but I don't ike these collectively forced things and I don't believe in the genuinity and success of them. I think it is much more healthier to follow your inner rythmn than being fooled by these collective rushes of euphoria of new beginnings.

Change is possible and is reachable for everyone if the motivation comes from inside and not outside and is reached by a customized individual path not mass tools what might fight some but not all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment