Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ópusztaszer (Hungary)

Ópusztaszer is a historical theme park representing the Hungarian cultural heritage of more than thousand years.  It is an interesting place to visit for many reasons. 

One is that not all people in Hungary have relatives in the countryside and people who grew up in Budapest might face the countryside-Hungary only at places like this. The other reason is that you can see many indigenous animal species here which are typically Hungarian and also cute at the same time.

My favorite sights at Ópusztaszer are the historical houses representing the lifestyle of the people who used to live here. Both of my grandparents by my Dad come form this part of Hungary and I did not have the chance to see their homes, since they moved to Budapest when they were young adults. Even though I know that life must have been hard here sometimes, there is still something romantic in it when I look at those houses and the landscape, and I feel in my soul a touch of freedom.

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

Monika Csapo- All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment