Sunday, November 16, 2014

Karl Ove Knåusgard



Source: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02149/Karl-Ove_2149902b.jpg


A Norwegian author, known for his six autobiographical novels.

“For the heart, life is simple: it beats for as long as it can. Then it stops.” 
― Karl Ove KnausgårdMin kamp 1



“Now I saw his lifeless state. And that there was no longer any difference between what once had been my father and the table he was lying on, or the floor on which the table stood, or the wall socket beneath the window, or the cable running to the lamp beside him. For humans are merely one form among many, which the world produces over and over again, not only in everything that lives but also in everything that does not live, drawn in sand, stone, and water. And death, which I have always regarded as the greatest dimension of life, dark, compelling, was no more than a pipe that springs a leak, a branch that cracks in the wind, a jacket that slips off a clothes hanger and falls to the floor.” 
― Karl Ove KnausgårdMin kamp 1


“Then I met Linda and the sun rose.
I can't find a better way to express it. The sun rose in my life. At first, as dawn breaking on the horizon, almost as if to say, this is where you have to look. Then came the first rays of sunshine, everything became clearer, lighter, more alive, and I became happier and happier, and then it hung in the sky of my life and shone and shone and shone.” 
― Karl Ove KnausgårdMin kamp 2


 " I do not want anyone to get close to me, I do not want anyone to see me, and this is the way things have developed: no one gets close and no one sees me.” 
― Karl Ove KnausgårdMin kamp 1


“The only thing I have learned from life is to endure it, never to question it, and to burn up the longing generated by this in writing. Where this ideal has come from I have no idea, and as I now see it before me, in black and white, it almost seems perverse.” 
― Karl Ove KnausgårdMin kamp 1

No comments:

Post a Comment