Friday, January 25, 2013

For it is in giving that we receive

I kind of feel that I arrived at a new life phase now. In the time of transition from old to new I learnt a lot about myself. I am not judging other people so much any more, because many of my own rules disappeared and my rule number one became to listen to my inner voice.
Before that I wanted to forecast everything and took everything very serious, Now I am more spontaneous and trust myself more that no matter what happens, I will survive and everything will be fine. Because even if I do things wrong sometimes, now I know that I have the power to start anew, and do it even better the next time.

I thought about my life lately. Sometimes days go by so fast, and I love to live. I realized how much it deliberates me to speak out what I think. How nice it is to say to people who are important to me that I care about them, and they are important to me.

About photography: yes, I would like to be better and better, but I am also aware that when my life will end, I will not take anything from here. So I would like to take photos with passion and devotion, but not with the feeling of urge and stress.

It might be a bit too serious writing, but I had to write all these thoughts down which were in me since some time ago. I feel it that one life phase ended now, and an other starts. Well, or I do not know, life is a continuous process, but still as chapters in books, also our life has its own chapters.


I found this photo of a tattoo, which sounds like a good mantra for me to start this new life phase:


Source: http://cdn.noobie.at/c6/src_big/33929598148_358988_33929598148_9117867.jpg

Text:

grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment